Thursday, November 3, 2011

my world felt a little tilted this week...

Well this week there was a little more excitement than I wanted. I would say my world was flipped upside down but it wasn't that traumatic. Although, to some degree for me, it was.

On Tuesday, I lost my job where I had been working for a little over a year. I have been struggling with my duties at work for about a month or so and finally my boss saw that it wasn't getting any better. I was burned out and it was showed. I was working 50 hours a week, Driving 2 hours a DAY round trip to work, driving around 450 miles a week(That's just going to work... That's not including grocery trips or taking little man to who ever is watching him the days that hubs and I both work) and spending about 20 hours a week with little man. I was tired... Beyond tired.. Exhausted. When I got home from work I was so tired that I didn't want to play with little man, I didn't want to clean, I didn't want to do anything but sit on the couch and watch television and stare off into space. I mean the company was a great company. I am not trying to defame them in anyway. The women I worked with were Hilarious and fun. I made some really great memories. However, while making those memories I felt like I was missing out on making memories with hubs and little man. Scratch that. I didn't feel like I was missing out on making memories.... I WAS missing out.

I was( still am) heart broken about loosing my job. I feel like I am always going above and beyond to satisfy my employer and I always felt like I got the short end of the stick. I did get the short end of the stick.

As some people may think this is horrible, just down right awful. I, on the other hand , think this is a blessing in disguise. I will be able to make new memories with little man and hubs. Memories that aren't rushed because I have to go to bed because I have to be up early for works. I will be able to make memories more memorable because I am not grouchy or angry because I didn't get enough sleep or because I had a long day at work or because I have to go to work on Saturday.

I know this may sound petty and I should be grateful to even of had a job in this economy. But at what cost? Missing out on my son growing up? Losing connection with my husband? Not being able to be apart of ministries that I feel benefit others? I think not. There is something out there for me. Something that will be a perfect medium for me and my family.

So now I ask you to join me in my temporary journey in becoming domesticated. Something I have NEVER been all that familiar with..

Yesterday, I cleaned house..I swept, I did laundry, I WAS going to mop. That task was a lot more complicated than I thought. Who would have thought changing the mop pad/head would be so complicated?!? I think someone (Obviously a man) Purposefully thought : "Oh, Lets make a mop that the rod that connects to the head of the mop is to short and the mop head itself it to thick to fit in the brace. Even better my men? Lets make them the same brand and then when the women go to replace the head with the correlating handle... They wont be able to actually get the mop head on!!! BRILLIANT"

Seriously, It took me 20 minutes if fighting with the handle and the head to get the to lock together. 20 minutes. 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back. I fought hard and I fought dirty.

I also found out why women hate laundry. While I was trying to get the dry clothes into a basket so I could fold them, I had my Iphone in my bra (Don't judge me for where I keep my phone. You do it too.) It slipped right out(Hey, Women who have/had children understand why it just slid right out...) and landed face down on the floor.screen cracked. I wanted to die. OK. you caught me...I am exagerating(just a little though). I did want to cry though. I literally thought out loud " Ok satan.. I get it you hate me.. Can we stop the games?"

After that the day was pretty uneventful. I was finally able to use the gym membership that I have been paying monthly for about 5 months now. I went for one month then work got in the way and I wasn't able to go (This is where that whole exhaustion and wanting to sit on the couch and do nothing kicks in ) and do what I did for that whole month that I actually went. So I went with hubs. and dropped a five pound weight on my toes. AWESOME.not.

Hubs asked me if I was going to do some free weights with him. My response?
"Ummm. No. I just dropped a weight on my toes. I am out of commission. I will just stand here next to you and watch you do them."

Totes Legit.


Well until my next domestication lesson. Or ownage (I got this.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love your positive attitude in the midst of all of this! I hope you get those memories you've been missing out on! Good luck on your domesticated journey, I wish you the best while figuring out the next phase in your career and family! :)

    ReplyDelete